New songs ensure that the old songs endure.
“The Baker’s Dozen”
The ‘Bakers Dozen’ was a celebratory record of the ‘slice of life’
using songs, music, poetry and sketches
Illustrating the past and present importance of bread in the
lives of ordinary people.
There was an intriguing family history,
village gossips, sadness & joys, harvest
celebrations, ingenuity in wartime,
industrial inventions and human rights –
all interwoven with the magic of fully
lit live music and performance theatre.
This show ran between 2015-16 and was exceptionally well received!
Comments following Upton Folk Festival 2015:
"Wonderful", "A masterpiece", "Loved the last
one … so we had to come and see this - it was great", 'You have raised the
"Many thanks for giving us
your latest play! It was, again, very well received and we'd probably get
complaints if you weren't with us next year! "
Helen Ablitt Upton upon Severn Festival Co-ordinator
- Worcester Acoustic Music session - St Swithin's Hall, Worcester. 16th January.
- Cradley Village Hall - 6th February.
- Clarence Park Residential Village - 4th March
- Upton Folk Festival 29th April - 2nd May.
- Bromyard Folk Festival - 9-11th September
- Kidderminster U3A - 15th October - venue tbc.
- Chaddesley Gardening Club - Chaddesley Village Hall -29th October
- 16th April -The Fold, Bransford, Worcester.
- Upton Folk Festival 2015 2nd - 4th May 2015
- Bromyard Folk Festival 11-13th September 2015
The Quaker Meeting House, Malvern. 25th September 2015
Cradley Village Hall 31st October 2015 Postponed until the new year.
A new show "Beside the Seaside" is now available for bookings in 2017 and 2018.